Wednesday, September 01, 2004

The Cush Life of a Stay/Work At Home Mom

Bon Bons. Oprah and Dr. Phil. Naps. Staying home...ain't it great. Of course if you are a stay/work-at-home mom you are probably wondering..."Huh? That's not my life." Well to be honest, its not mine either. Nor is cleaning my house or cooking fancy meals. I don't have time for that. I suppose if I stayed home without having to earn money, I might...maybe... keep up with housework.

But each day I start at 6:55, putting kids on the bus and getting to work. That work involves 1 telecommuting/contract position, 1 business, and 3 websites. I also teach at a gym a few days a week (the only way I'll exercise is to get paid for it!). For example, today I wrote a report from 8 to 10, taught a class from 10:30 to 12, stopped at the grocery for milk, soda and stamps, made a business call by 12:30, and I'm currently (while typing this) on a business conference call. At 2 I'll host a business call and at 3:30 its time to get the kids. That's a long day so far but there is much I didn't do. Website updates, phone calls, bills etc. And the day isn't over. After the kids are home its homework, start dinner, eat, kids soccer or other activity, and then I'll probably be back working on my business. I take my break at 10 pm (tonight its Law and Order...or maybe reading Visions in Death by JD Robb... I sure love Eve and Roarke). Then to bed. Who has time for cleaning?

After that, what will be left to say in the future in this blog? Well the "confessions" have to do with the wacky, crazy, challenging, silly, and sometimes boring things that happen. Here is one:

There is an idea that working at home, you can spend the day in your jammies. Well, I don't wear my jammies because I don't want to walk to the bus stop in my jammies. But, I do throw on shorts or sweats...no shower. And I go the whole day like that until about 4 pm when I think about my husband coming home from working and how scummy I look. My sister teases me about not getting dressed until 4 pm but I think she's jealous because she has to dress up and go to an office each day.

I do have some other very fun stories of life as a stay and work-at-home mom. Please come back to hear more "confessions".

Leslie



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home