Thursday, September 02, 2004

Sleeping in and bus schedules

Okay... I did it. After I put my kids on the bus, I went back to bed. Tuesday was the best sleep in day except there is a house being built next door. Its a crime how early construction workers go to work. It should be against the law to use a hammer outside before 8 am. Jeez at 6:30 these guys are hammering and throwing things into the big trash bin.

Of course, Wednesday, when I didn't have the luxury of sleeping in, they didn't show up until noon. Curses.

Today they were there but not hammering. So I decided to take a 1 hour snooze that after 1 hour I decided to extend to 2 hours. But I was up working by 9:45. I got my report done, talked to several people regarding Inspiring Parents (my home business), mentored a business colleague, and ate lunch. Not a bad day.

I had made an appointment for a phone conference at 4 today. Normally I don't work 3:30 to 7. That's my family time. But the time was most convenient for this lady so I set the appointment. Afterall...even when its late the bus drops my kids off by 3:45...plenty of time.

NOT! At 5 minutes to 4 the bus pulled up. By then I had walked home (she passes my house even though the stop is up the street) wondering if I missed it or if it was broken down. My daughter in particular doesn't transition very well. So here I was, maniac mom in the front yard..."hurry, hurry...yes great work today...get your homework out... I'll quiz you later...." And my daughter "but mommy look at this...but mommy I'm hungry...but mommy..."

Fortunately the call went well... new partner..yeah! The kids got their home work done and all was well.

Now we are on to the next crisis. Where's daddy? He has a class once a week and gets home late. But the kids worry if they go to bed and he isn't here. So my daughter is on my lap as I type, pining for daddy. I wonder if they pine for me when I'm gone? I don't get out much so I don't know. I may have to test that some time.

So now I'm off to put the kids to bed and then some R and R for myself.

Leslie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home