Thursday, September 16, 2004

Confessions of an Organizationally Challenged Mom

Hi I'm Leslie and I'm organizationally challenged. Its not from a lack of trying. I have files, folders, holders, boxes and all the office gizmos. I have read some great books... I really like Julie Morgenstern's Organizing from the Inside Out. I watch the home decor shows for ideas. I particularly like Clean Sweep because it often organizes an office.

The problem I have is that the systems don't seem to fit my organizational style and I can't seem to make them fit. I bought a special file box that could sit right next to my desk to I could file reciepts and other things right then (the touch 1 time rule of paper management). But right now there is a bunch of stuff on top of the box so I can't get to the files.

I synthesized the binder/one place systems by Julie Morgenstern and the Fly Lady. But I've got papers and junk piled on top of those.

I was talking to a business partner today who told me that her dream job would be to be a corporate organizer. I told her that when I have enough money, I'm going to hire her to help me. Its been my dream to be able to hire someone who can watch me work for a day and then organize my office in a way that fits the way I work.

Until then, I'm on a quest to find the top of my desk because I'm pretty sure that my son's fieldtip permission slip is somewhere in the heap.

Leslie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home