Thursday, February 17, 2005

Mommy make-overs...

I enjoy a good makeover. Its great to see a tired, frumpy, overworked mom get pampered and reveal the beauty that was there before children and life made it easier to wear sweats and go without make-up. But, I always wonder, what happens after?

Today I watched BBC's Susannah and Trinny from What Not To Wear make over several moms (and some weren't moms but lets focus on moms here) on Oprah. Most of these moms said they chose comfort over style but clearly felt pretty in their new duds and new doo. But, were they really going to wear those strappy shoes while doing the laundry?

Here are some other things that came to mind as I watched the show:

What are these moms going to wear all the other days? They only got 1 great outfit. If they are like me, they don't have the time or the money to shop for clothes that hide the flaws.

What's the deal with the husbands and male co-workers nominating these moms? These guys hadn't maintained their bachelor beauty either with their pot bellies and receding hairlines. Who are they to talk about their once beautiful wife who has let her self go?

If it were me, I'd be back to the old jeans, sweats and sneakers the next day. I may look frumpy but I'm the only one here to look at me. And lets face it...comfort take priority when the job is to clean the toilet.

Leslie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home