Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Rock n Roll Sell Out???

Is it me or are more and more rock songs finding their way to commercials and t.v. shows? Its not that I mind so much. The Jag commercials with Sting were kind of neat and I guess helped Sting's career. And The Who song for CSI is cool too. But who thought of pairing Buick and Aerosmith? I just don't see it. I may be wrong but when I think of Buick I think of my grandma... you know big luxury car. That's not Aerosmith. I equate Aerosmith with edginess and scantily clad women. That fits Harley more than Buick.

I have been hearing other songs too although I can't remember what they were promoting. I'm pretty sure one was a Beattles song. Shocking. But I guess Michael Jackson (who owns the Beattles music) need the cash. (That's a whole other topic better saved for another time).

Is anyone else surprised by all the classic rock songs appearing on television?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home