Saturday, January 01, 2005

Resolutions of a work-at-home mom

Its January 1, 2005. Wow...where did the year go? Remember when you were a kid and it seemed like life went by so slow? Today it seems to zoom by. Its true, youth is wasted on the young.

Like most people, I take time to take stock in my life; where I am today and where I want to be this time next year. I love goal setting but I find myself not ever reaching them. I did get closer to some this year. I lost 12 pounds since June (South Beach) and I promoted twice in my home business. The end of the year I developed several more clients in my telecommuting job... great for the extra money needed during the holidays.

Often where I get stuck is turning the goals into action plans; what needs to be done day after day. This is complicated by the fact that I have so many different projects and more I want to take on. Often what happens is each gets a little time but not enough to take them to the next level.

So what are my goals this year?

Health: I'd like to lose at least 8 more pounds and improve my fitness (which isn't bad as I'm an aerobics instructor.

Biz: I plan to increase traffic (1 mil hits per month) and ezine subscribers (25,000).
I plan to increase affiliate income by 50%.
I plan to promote to senior in my biz (and get my free car...a Volvo SUV).
I plan to finish my next book Mom's Online Money (MOM) and get it published.

Family: I plan to spend more focused time with my kids. I'm around them all the time but I'm not always present if you know what I mean. I want to improve on this.
I plan to take a great vacation (DisneyWorld) with my family.
I plan to enact a date night at least 1 per month and a getaway with my hubby every few months.

I have worked last week designing my plan which includes things like working out more, a regular delivery of articles and PR regarding my business, etc. Its all set up in my Palm Desktop software so its scheduled in. I find its more likely to get done if I schedule it.

Now that its written, the odds are more in my favor as studies suggest that people who write goals have greater success. And now that you know about them... I have to achieve them or look bad.

Leslie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home