Thursday, May 04, 2006

Google Ad Words undermining message

I just changed my Google Adsense box because the Link Unit box was showing links to envelope stuffing and assembly jobs. It doesn't look right for me to say, "Stay away from envelope stuffing and assembly jobs," and then to have ads on my page promoting them.

How does this happen? Google's Adsense program simply uses keywords in my posts and finds ads that match. It doesn't read my text though. So my post may say, "envelope stuffing is a scam" but Google just sees "envelope stuffing" and feeds ads to my site.

I have emailed about this but haven't heard how I can filter these ads out. So in the mean time, I have switched to the "Ad Unit" option. This option provides a single ad as opposed to a link that gives a list of options based on the key word. Of course, Google can still feed in envelope stuffing and assembly ads but if that happens, I can go into Google and block the URL to that program. I can filter URL's not keywords.

But, just in case, remember, I never endorse envelope stuffing or assembly work.

Leslie

P.S. With all the references to envelope stuffing and assembly work scams, I wonder how many of these will show up in the Adsense box???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home