Saturday, September 18, 2004

Money, Money, Money

I would love to be a stay-at-home mom but I can't afford it without also working at home.
The thing about working at home is that the money doesn't always come when you most want it to. Paychecks are not necessarily sent the 1st and 16th of every month. That's why good money management is a must. The first two weeks of this month things got really tight. Thank goodness for savings accounts. But this second half of the month I'm expecting at least 5 paychecks. The real challenge then becomes not spending it all because it may be needed during the first two weeks of next month.

Nevertheless, you should always be careful about counting your money before it comes. I still haven't figured out the payment schedule for my contract job. I submitted my billing three weeks ago. The company has merged with another and its the new company that sends the checks. But my billing goes to the first company. I have this feeling my billing sits on a desk for a few days. And there may be a billing schedule such as checks are cut the 15th of the month. But no one has been able to let me know about this. UGH!

Also, affiliate programs have been problematic. Those through ClickBank and Commission Junction have been great. They do pay regularly...on time. But other programs that have their own system can be problem. I work with one affiliate program that has NEVER paid, NEVER responded to emails, and who's phone number appears to be inaccurate...and get this...its a consumer protection program that owes me over $200! Go figure. Another affiliate also didn't pay and didn't respond to email. However, in a WHOIS search I found the phone number, called the company, and am assured my check is now in the mail. We'll see.

There is definitely more security in getting regular paychecks as offered by a job... as long as the job is secure. But, I'd rather learn to manage my money and stay home.

Leslie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home